Topic: Jobberbase 1.8 – sending emails from a gmail address using secure SMTP
Amongst the other new features in 1.8 is the possibility to configure in detail the route used for sending emails. If you want to use your Gmail address for sending the jobberbase emails, read on.
– open the admin panel and click on the Settings link, then on Mailer Settings
– select smtp instead of mail in the Mailer list
– set the SMTP host name to smtp.gmail.com
– set the SMTP port to 465
– select yes for SMTP authentication
– select ssl in the SMTP secure connection prefix list
– enter your gmail address in email@example.com format in the SMTP user name field
– enter your gmail password in the SMTP password field
– save the changes
That’s it, now all your mails will be sent through your gmail address (like using a dedicated email client).
You can give it a try by writing yourself a message on the contact form or by recommending yourself a job.